How to setup SMS notifications for Facebook Lead Ads
Now using LeadSync you can receive Facebook Lead Ad notifications, including lead data, via SMS. Notifications are currently available for mobile numbers in the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
- United States
All paid LeadSync accounts on the Business, Marketer and Agency plans receive 10 free SMS credits, so you can try the functionality out, then purchase extra credits if you need to. Credits cost $5 per 100 SMS’s.
The following steps show you how to setup lead ad SMS notifications:
- Login to LeadSync and go to your Connection Setting.
- Click on the Add Connection button.
- From the Connection drop down, select SMS.
- Enter the mobile phone number you wish to send leads to. We’ll send a verification code to this number. This code will expire in 30 minutes.
- Enter a Connection Name – this is for your internal reference only. I call mine “Luke’s Phone” for example.
- Click Update Connection
Now that you’ve added an SMS connection, you need to tell LeadSync which Facebook Lead form you want to receive SMS updates from:
- Go to Lead Forms
- Select the Page you’re using for your lead ads, then the Form, and finally the SMS connection you just setup.
- Click Update notifications .
- Here’s how to test your lead ad connection.
- You can change the format or your SMS by going to the Profile section and clicking on the SMS tab.
NOTE: All accounts receive 10 free SMS credits. Testing your connection will cost 1 credit. To add more credits, go to your Accounts section and click on the SMS tab.
Your SMS notification will come from LeadSync and look something like this. The “form name” and “Page Name” are automatically inserted into the SMS.