If you’re using Facebook Lead ads, and asking for a phone number in your lead form, you can use LeadSync to send an SMS autoresponder.
When a lead form is filled on Facebook, sending new leads an SMS is a effective way to instantly follow-up. In fact, research by Gartner has shown that SMS open rates are as high as 98%, compared to just 20% for emails, so there’s a lot more certainty that a lead will read an SMS than they will an email autoresponder.
Available on our Business, Marketer and Agency accounts, all accounts have 10 free SMS credits, so you can try it out for yourself. If you need more credits, bundles of 100 SMS’s per month can be purchased via your LeadSync account for $5 per month.
How do Facebook Lead Ad SMS Autoresponders work?
To send an automated SMS to people who submit a Facebook lead form, which includes a mobile phone number field, here’s how:
- In your LeadSync account, go to the Autoresponders section and click on SMS.
- Click the Add Autoresponder button
- Enter a name in the Autoresponder name section. This is for your internal use only.
- In the “SMS Message to Leads” field, enter your SMS message. You can use these autofill tokens in your message: #first_name, #last_name, #full_name, #form, #page, #phone
- Select which existing connection you’d like this to apply to. PLEASE NOTE: the SMS response will be applied to an existing connection. Any leads sent to this connection will receive an SMS if they have a valid mobile phone number.
Best ways to use SMS Autoresponders:
Here are some suggestions for the messaging to use in your SMS autoresponders.
Send a simple acknowledgement:
Hi #first_name, thanks for your enquiry via #page. We will be in touch shortly.
Link to a resource:
Hi #first_name, thanks for your interest in #page. For more info please see our FAQ https://support.leadsync.me/
Ask them to call you:
Hi #first_name, thanks for your interest in #page. For a instant quote, please call 1800123123
Schedule a call via Calendly:
Hi #first_name, thanks for your enquiry via #page. If you'd like to schedule a call, please pick a time that suits here: https://calendly.com/yourbusiness/
Note that you can use SMS autoresponders in conjunction with email notifications and other CRM connections.
Please note the following:
- You will not receive replies to SMS autoresponders
- For each autoresponder sent, 1 SMS credit will be deducted from your account. Top up your account here
- The SMS sent to your leads will appear to be sent from a US phone number
You can also use LeadSync to generate SMS notifications for new Facebook leads.